Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Don't Grimace at Me

As I stood in line (with 14 other people) at CVS yesterday, I looked over my left shoulder and saw a DVD for sale. The Edge is a 1997 movie starring Anthony Hopkins and Alec Baldwin. My first thought was: I don't understand why this movie is a featured sale item at CVS during the 2007 holiday season. My second thought was: I feel like I watch people make these faces [see Alec and Tony's expressions] every day. Maybe it's living in a big city, maybe it's the weather, maybe it's the crazed holiday season...I'm not sure. Nevertheless, I resented the grimaces silently shouting out at me over my shoulder. Last night I went online to find the movie poster so I could post it on this blog and I discovered something fascinating. The American poster is the grimacing-men version and the UK poster features a subdued-golden trio of Alec, Tony, & (get this one!) Elle MacPherson. I saw this movie almost ten years ago and I have no recollection of Ms. MacPherson starring in this movie. Anyway, it piqued my interest and thought I would share the two versions.

American:

and British:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gostei muito desse post e seu blog é muito interessante, vou passar por aqui sempre =) Depois dá uma passada lá no meu site, que é sobre o CresceNet, espero que goste. O endereço dele é http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . Um abraço.